Regional Manager UK
We are currently recruiting an ambitious Regional Manager to help drive the UK business forward.
- Managing projects on a day-to-day basis
- Developing business opportunities.
- Achieving given KPI’s and objectives, both individually and as a Region.
- Enforcing health and safety, security, and emergency systems according to company policies.
- Scheduling and completing Site Inspection Reports and Risk Assessment Reports Supporting the team in delivering key elements of the Regional Business Plan.
- Manage team site visit schedules, ensuring that whilst client needs are met, they are done in the most optimal and efficient way both in terms of time and cost.
- Managing client relationships at a local level and supporting our Estimating and Service Teams based at head office.
- Managing relationships with suppliers, contractors, partners and external agencies.
- Actively participate in and champion projects as requested.
- Recruiting the right people with the right behaviours into the right jobs and to ensure they are given access to the right training, from inductions through to any specialist training required to do the job better.
- Seeking to continuously develop your knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing, and tactics.
- Conducting annual team appraisals and the development of Personal Development Plans.
- Managing disciplinary and grievance processes, as directed by the HR Team.
- Ensuring the region operates efficiently and effectively and that all operational areas are maintained in line with standards and company policies and procedures.
- Complying with Data Protection, GDPR and IT Security policies and procedures, ensuring team members do the same and any breaches are handled in line with company policy.
- Full drivers licence & own vehicle.
Your Skills & Experience
- You will have at least 5 years management experience within the Construction Industry.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to challenge the norm and think outside the box.
- Proven leadership skills in line with our core values and organisational culture.
- A real drive and passion for continuous improvement and driving through change.
- Financial awareness and general business acumen.
- Excellent communication, literacy and IT skills.
- High level of organisational and time management skills.
- Flexibility and capability to adapt to a changing work environment.
If you feel you have the ambition, skills, and talent to join our team, please contact us. Our employees are critical to our success and as such, we always provide a safe and sustainable place of work. We are an equal opportunity employer and take a flexible approach to each individual’s requirements.
Working for Capcon Engineering
The safety of our people is our number one priority and all employees are expected to understand and maintain our 5 core principles:
Speak directly with our Divisional Director, Donnacha Tobin.