This vacancy has been filled.
We are always interested in hearing from enthusiastic and committed individuals – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV if you’d like to join our team.
Workshop Fabrication Manager
Capcon is a Construction, Property and Engineering Business. The markets served by the company include the Commercial, Civil & Residential Construction sectors.
Due to current work levels we are seeking to add a Workshop Fabrication Manager to our team. The role of Workshop Fabrication Manager in CapCon requires leadership to effectively and efficiently operate production activities as well as provide support towards our initiatives and help to improve all processes as necessary to support our goals. This position will provide you with the opportunity to expand your skills set while offering long term prospects and a positive working environment.
The role requires someone who can work as part of a team as well as independently, with the ability to adapt and be reactive in a fast-paced environment whilst ensuring high-level standards are upheld withing the organisation. Previous experience (2-3 years) is desirable for this role.c
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Organise and manage production according to demand ensuring all schedules support project requirements
- Be responsible for on-time shipping, stock control on the warehouse and install teams’ requirements
- Assist the PM and GM in general areas of the present workload in order to ensure smooth running of the business
- Work with Engineering team daily to continually improve quality, safety cost and production as well as obtaining feedback / updates on individual project statuses
- High-level decision-making responsibility as failure to make accurate decisions may result in late production and delays in project schedules
- Identify and manage to resolution bottlenecks, stock issues, machine maintenance requirements
- Excellent fabrication & welding skills required
- Working knowledge of MS Office and CAD software products. Experience working with & reading 2D plans
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Maintain a safe working environment in line with current legislation
- Completion of quality control inspections
- Daily administrative tasks including completion of all documentation and any other reports that are required for the project
- Pipe fitting experience preferable but not essential
- Any other duties as deemed required by management
Working for Capcon Engineering
The safety of our people is our number one priority and all employees are expected to understand and maintain our 5 core principles:
Speak directly with our Divisional Director, Donnacha Tobin.